Saturday, September 19, 2009

Handsome Furs


Everyone needs a bit of heavy petting now and then, but for me the pining for it seems to never end. Even more so now, since the start of my solo expedition 5 months ago, music has been more than just a burner or routine fling. Morning, noon, night, forget the the husband and the ring, but let me introduce one my favorite lovers, the Handsome Furs. Husband and wife rock duo, Dan Boeckner of Wolf Parade, with vocals that resonate the happy and the melancholy, and Alexei Perry who puts magic to the beat. Since March of this year I have been delving into the thought provokingly, political yet not political, imperfectly perfect, introspective lyrics of their newest album, Face Control. Take a deep breath with each track more than just audible, I may as well be cheating on its pleasing predecessor, Plague Park. I feel the envy, to hear and see that this band is not focused financially, but rather more aesthetically. Using funds from shows, just enough to see a new foreign city. Absorbing the world, life, and experience through traveling, and conveying this through their music. Not to mention that the handsome couple wrote all songs together as a team. Whoa. Talk about chemistry..

1 comment:

Tracy said...

as long as they dont buy furs with their pocket change ;)

love u. love them.